RULES & POLICIES FOR 2012, 2013 BOX LEAGUE
BOX LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Players will be ranked according to results from last year and placed in boxes of 5 players each.
- Each Player has the month to play the other 4 opponents in their box.
- There are no set schedules, so players must set up their own matches throughout the month.
- League fees do not include court fees, so players must pay as they ordinarily would (ie with a 10x, 20x, 30x or 1 mth, 3 mth pass etc)
- Each month the top 2 players will go up a box and the bottom 2 players will go down a box, so the levels should be quite even.
- Players are responsible for scheduling their 4 matches per month (the idea is 1 per week!)
- If matches go unplayed, the score will simply be 0-0.
- All players must make reasonable efforts to be available throughout the month to play their matches. If a player calls their opponent repeatedly and the 2nd player can never find time to play then the player who can not play loses 3-0. This is difficult to define, but the idea is that if 1 player is making an effort and the 2nd player is not, then the player making the effort gets the 3-0 win and the other player simply gets 0 points. Any problems should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arbitrate
- If you are away for an extended period of time you should try to play your matches before you go away!!
- We recommend that you contact your 4 opponents at the beginning of the month to talk about general availability.
- Each match is best of 5 games
- Scoring will be PAR (point a rally) to 15, unless both players agree to play something else (ie PAR 11 or PAR 13)
- At 14-14 it goes to sudden death- 1st to 15 wins
- There are no bonus points for winning the match- ie if the score is 3-1, then Player A gets 3 points, Player B gets 1 point
- Write the score on the sheets outside the courts. (will be online soon)
- If you can’t finish the match in the court allotment the partial score should be recorded. Ie write 2-1 or 2-2 up on the board. If you are knocked off in the middle of a game, the player leading that game gets credit for the whole game.
- We recommend you contact your opponents prior to the match to confirm.
- Any unplayed matches will simply be scored as 0-0.
COURT BOOKINGS: - Meadow Park has started new booking policies whereby you must pre-pay for your court prior to the match. You can cancel your match up to 24 hrs prior. Cancellations within 24 hours will forfeit their payment. Please see their policies for more details
- Any player who has all zeroes in any month will be dropped from the league without refund of their fees
- Exception: If players email email@example.com to say they will be away or have been injured then they will be allowed to play the following month assuming they are back in town and are fit to play
- Summary- if you don't play your matches and don't have a reason you'll be kicked out of the league! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can't play for a whole month and will get zeros across the board